TO: City of Newton
1000 Comm Ave.
Newton Center, MA 02459
FROM: Patrick Courtney
RE: Newton – General Building Repairs - 1626
DATE: May 9, 2018
Pursuant to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, I request the following. Please review the list below to ensure that all items are checked off and included in your response. If you are not the correct contact for this request, please forward and/or notify me immediately! Thank you.
- Copies of certified payroll records submitted by Caruso & McGovern Construction, and all non-filed subcontractors to the general for work performed on the above named project. Please provide one week per month per contractor.
- Certified payrolls are required by law (MGL Chapter 149, Section 27B) to include names, addresses, occupational classifications, hours worked and wages paid.
- A copy of the MA Division of Apprentice Training apprentice identification card for each apprentice on the payroll (MGL Chapter 149, Section 27 B).
- Proof of OSHA 10 certification per the MA Attorney General’s 2008 Advisory (MGL Chapter 149, Section 27B).
- Copy of ALL applicable complete Minimum Wage schedules. MGL Chapter 149, Section 27 requires the awarding authority to request updates of wage rates each year after the contract award.
Please respond within ten (10) calendar days as required by law.
I understand that we will be charged the reasonable cost of providing the above. However, if the cost will exceed $100.00, please first email a list of all subcontractors on the project so that we may narrow our request accordingly, electronic copies are preferred. Email to PCourtney@ffcm.org if you have any questions.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.