When making your request, please remember:
- Be as specific as possible about the documents you are seeking
- Give a start date and end date for your search
- All responses will be electronic unless other arrangements are made
- The City may charge a reasonable fee in some cases
FEES:The City may charge fees as follows:
- If a request will take more than two (2) hours, the City may charge a reasonable fee, up to $25 per hour to collect, segregate and redact the documents if necessary.
- The City is permitted to charge $.05 per copy, or for the cost of a portable storage device.
- The City will require payment before fulfilling a request
Some records maintained by the City are exempt from disclosure. If such records are requested, the City will be required to deny the request and will notify you of the reasons for the denial:
- Student records, certain vital records, criminal record information, personnel or medical files, records that would constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy, certain investigatory law enforcement materials, proposals and bids prior to the award of a contract, for example.
Vital Records If you are looking for copies of birth, death or marriage certificates, please see the City Clerk’s Office webpages HERE.
Police RecordsIf you are looking for copies of accident reports or incident reports of the Police Department, please visit http://www.newtonpolice.com/
The City of Newton's Records Access Officer:David A. Olson, Newton City ClerkNewton City Halle-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org: 617-796-1200
For the complete City of Newton Public Records Access Guidelines, please click HERE.